From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] postgresql 8.2.14 cannot stop
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:06:23
1 On Tuesday 30 March 2010 15:31:50 Xi Shen wrote:
2 > hi,
3 >
4 > my system is gentoo amd64, postgresql 8.2.14. the postgresql service
5 > can start without any error; but when i try to stop it, it reports
6 > failure. the process of postgresql are actually terminated. if i try
7 > to stop the service again, i got
8 >
9 > "start-stop-daemon: fopen `/var/lib/postgresql/data/postmaster.pid':
10 > No such file or direc"
11 >
12 > i will have to use zap to reset the service status. how to fix this?
15 We don't need the error message from the second time you stop it. We know for
16 sure that will not work. We need the error from the first failure. Without
17 that, we can't help you.
18
19 Otherwise you are just asking how long is a piece of string? And we all know
20 what the correct answer to that is.
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com