From: burlingk@×××××××××.mil
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] OT: An XML Question
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 08:32:33
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Galevsky [mailto:galevsky@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 4:21 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: An XML Question
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > you can learn the xml concepts at http://www.w3schools.com/.
11 > Then, depending on the language you choose, there is lots of
12 > libs to deal with xml in many languages. Though you always
13 > have two different ways of parsing your xml file: a SAX
14 > parser approach, that runs on an element-by-element process,
15 > retrieving each element with no view on the next ones. The
16 > second way is a DOM object builder, parsing the xml file as a
17 > whole, then giving you back the whole tree as an object that
18 > can browse later with a set of methods. The later is faster
19 > to get all the information of the xml, but takes more memory
20 > since the whole xml tree must be built first. You have to
21 > look for the libs of your language now for further details,
22 > but the choice between the two is crucial. I remind a
23 > Xmlchecker java tool I wrote to run no-diff tests.... I
24 > implemented first with jdom, and it was good..... until I had
25 > to deal with 300 Mb files ... and rewrite the whole browsing
26 > engine with SAX.
27 >
28 > Gal'