From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Intel Mac Mini?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:30:19
I'm considering attempting to set up an Intel Mac Mini as a
MythTV frontend.  Right now I'm thinking I'll leave the
internal drive alone and boot from net or from a USB flash
drive.  That way I can spin down the internal HD and save on
power and noise (and the standard OS-X install is still there,
so it can be trivially switched back to normal desktop use).

I've been googling for info on running Linux on a Mac Mini, and
there was fairly active discussion 3-4 years ago, but very
little recent info.  That leads me to either of two
conclusions:

 1) It can't be done and everybody gave up.

 2) It's so trivial that people no longer need to ask about it.

So, how hard would it be to do a USB or network-based Gentoo
install for a recent Intel Mac Mini?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I want another
                                  at               RE-WRITE on my CEASAR