From: Adam <adam@××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Routing with gentoo...
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 15:04:46
1 > My situation is vaguely similar... I've one high-speed link at home
2 > with only dynamic IP - and I've got rack-mounted server with multiple
3 > static IPs, one of which I want to use from home in order to run a
4 > mail-server, revision control service and various web-services...
5 > keeping all the data on hardware I physically control... access is
6 > always encrypted - so I retain my privacy, no matter what happens to
7 > my remotely hosted service (including packet-sniffing etc.) and the
8 > worst case scenario is denial of service - which is an acceptable
9 > risk.
10 >
11 > While I've established the tunnel, I'm tearing my hair out trying to
12 > configure routing so that only remote access to services on my home
13 > box (and not my home box's web-browsing etc.) are routed over the
14 > VPN. I'm sure it has to be more straightforward than it appears.
15 > :-S
16
17 If i understand what you've written, you need a static route on your
18 home box for the server pointing to the VPN, and on the server you need
19 a static route to your home box pointing to the VPN. So no need for
20 anything funky, like iptables/iproute2.