From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: chriswhite@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] New MySQL doc
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:27:54
1 > Here's the initial devspace draft of the new MySQL draft I've been working
2 > on:
3 >
4 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~chriswhite/mysql.html
5 >
6 > Comments, etc are welcome.
7
8 While the document is a good and short intro to MySQL, I still have to ask
9 "why?" Aren't there enough similar good short introductions?
10
11 As far as the gentoo-specific stuff, there's no mention of how to
12 MySQL-enable other packages, no mention of why you would want to do the
13 "ebuild ... config" step and not the simpler "emerge mysql", ...
14
15 Seriously, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, Chris; I'm just trying to
16 figure out why we need this?
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list