From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] No server profile anymore???
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:26:56
1 Hi gentoo-users,
2
3 today after syncing portage tree I tried to update my system,
4 but I was "greeted" with message:
5
6 !!! Your current profile is deprecated and not supported anymore.
7 !!! Use eselect profile to update your profile.
8 !!! Please upgrade to the following profile if possible:
9 default/linux/amd64/13.0
10
11 So I reverted to previous snapshot just to see what I had before
12 ("eselect profile list" did not show any selected). Till today
13 I had "default/linux/amd64/10.0/server". To my big surprise,
14 there is no "server" profile for "default/linux/amd64/13.0".
15
16 So is server-profile not suported anymore??? I hope devs had
17 good reason for this, but anyway a change like *this* should
18 definitely be communicated with users in advance...
19
20 Right now I'm not sure if Gentoo is not supported for server
21 at all or "13.0" is substitution for "10.0/server". But before
22 there were pure "10.0" and "10.0/server" profiles. So it seems
23 to me server profile was simply removed without any substitution.
24
25 Jarry
29 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
30 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.