From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: redoing grub-2 after emerge updates it
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 01:28:43
1 On Fri, Jul 07, 2017 at 02:14:55PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote
2
3 > You are correct.. `emerge world' made some kind of upgrade/update to
4 > grub2 which I've been using a fair good while. The install process
5 > ended with some kind of heads up. I didn't keep the wording emerge
6 > used but it made me think I might aught to redo actually installing
7 > into /dev/sda and grub/grub.cfg... hence my question
8
9 See if you have the message the grub buildlog in /var/log/portage/
10 or in /var/log/portage/elog. The logfile name should contain
11 "sys-boot:grub". Try the following...
12
13 find /var/log/portage -name sys-boot*
14
15 This will give you a list of logfile names. You can feed the most
16 recent one into "less" and look for a message, usually near the end.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications