From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why does high-res video drop frames at 60% CPU?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:25:07
1 On 07/08/2010 06:59 PM, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 7 Jul 2010, at 19:23, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 >> ...
5 >> mplayer-uau is a fork of MPlayer, previously known as "mplayer-git",
6 >> before the developer was kicked from the mplayer project for unknown
7 >> reasons. While mplayer from multimedia only adds the ffmpeg-mt patch,
8 >> mplayer-uau adds more patches.
11 > Are you sure about this characterisation?
12
13 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/56008
16 > I follow the mplayer mailing lists daily, only to try and clarify this
17 > subject, but it doesn't seem so obvious to me. Mostly it's old history,
18 > of course, so perhaps you were paying more attention at the time.
19 >
20 > AIUI Uoti maintains that there's only one real contributor to the
21 > "official" mplayer, and that all useful improvements and patches are
22 > tracked by his (Uoti's) git version, which is also better in some other
23 > respects.
24
25 It's probably a pissing match. But I don't care much about the issue.