From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] back up gentoo system
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 21:55:53
1 On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:44 PM, David <dcorraly@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I was thinking on making regular backup of my gentoo partition. I'm not
6 > interested in incremental backups, just a mirror image of the root
7 > filesystem. I've prepared some scripts using dd for the first copy and
8 > rsync to keep it updated. How do you make your backups?
9 > Any improvements?.
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance
14 See my recent (over the weekend) thread entitled "tar a brand new
15 Gentoo install to a USB drive for safe keeping?"
16
17 about using tar to save a brand new system.
18
19 In that thread one person pointed me toward this page:
20
21 http://blinkeye.ch/mediawiki/index.php/GNU/Linux_System_Backup_Script_(stage4)
22
23 which I tried out. It seemed to work OK for me. I had to edit jsut a
24 coupl eof lines to work with my setup
25 but other than that I got a number of backups created. Not too difficult.
26
27 - Mark
28 --
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list