From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Arrh - my KDE "look" has disappeared
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 07:10:16
1 On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:47:55 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2
3 > Fired up the 'puter last night and instead of a backdrop
4 > showing the dog doing something stupid, a task bar, the start button
5 > thingy, and a few other bits and pieces, I had the default KDE
6 > backdrop. The task bar was on the second screen, the backdrop was the
7 > default, there was no start button etc. What's happened?????? Obviously
8 > KDE has freaked out in some way, but how? Where are the files that
9 > configure the look and feel of my desktop kept? I've looked in
10 > ~/Desktop and ~/.kde4 and there was nothing there.
11
12 The files should be in ~/.kde4/share/config, so if ~/.kde4 is empty you
13 have a problem. Let's hope you also have a backup.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Life Support System Failure - Reboot Patient (Y/n)?