From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encripting /home
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 05:37:50
1 Pupeno wrote:
2
3 >Hello,
4 >I want to have the /home of my laptop encripted, with an external key (in a CD
5 >or floppy, until I get an usb pain drive), specially to be able to change the
6 >passphrase easily and have various medias with different passphrases and the
7 >same key (so, my wife can uses her own passphrase), is this possible ? it'll
8 >be the non written 13th item here:
9 >http://www.sdc.org/~leila/usb-dongle/readme.html, right ?
10 >Any docs that explains how to achieve this (as close as possible to Gentoo).
11 >Thanks.
15 I use loop-aes to encrypt all filesystems. It is very secure and very
16 fast. If you have USE=crypt, Gentoo already has support for it in the
17 mount and losetup commands. You just need the kernel module (emerge
18 loop-aes).
19
20 After you emerge it, read the documentation at
21 /usr/share/doc/loop-aes-*/README.gz
22
23 -Richard
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list