From: Jeff Horelick <jdhore@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage 2.2.1 stabilized?
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 15:19:18
1 On 9 September 2013 09:44, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Wow... just noticed an update is available which, for me, means it has
4 > been stabilized (at least on amd64)...
5 >
6 > You'd think this would rate a news item and/or other major announcement,
7 > considering how long it has taken to get here...
8 >
9 > Anyway, really glad to see this happen, and thanks to the devs for getting
10 > it here!
11 >
12 > Now to wait a few days to see if there is any breakage to report (not
13 > worried about it really, though, since it has actually gotten a ton of
14 > testing over the last year or two)...
17 I agree that this kind of deserves a news post just because of how
18 momentous the occasion is, however there should not be many breakages from
19 this as most of the features have already been in the last stable portage
20 (such as sets and preserved-rebuild on by default). The biggest changes are
21 probably userpriv and usersync being on by default (which is a recent
22 change). I don't really believe that anyone will be using programmatic
23 custom sets for a while now, which is the last feature to not be
24 back-patched to 2.1