From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SOLVED: Re: gnucash pulls in firefox (when I already have firefox-bin)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 04:16:28
1 On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:39:12 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
6 >>
7 >> > treat Virtual Machines # emerge -at gnucash
8 >> >
9 >> > These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
10 >> >
11 >> > Calculating dependencies... done!
12 >> > [ebuild N ] app-office/gnucash-2.2.3 USE="quotes -chipcard -debug
13 >> > -hbci -ofx"
14 >> > [ebuild N ] app-doc/gnucash-docs-2.2.0
15 >> > [ebuild N ] gnome-extra/yelp-2.20.0 USE="-beagle -debug
16 >> > -xulrunner" [ebuild N ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.14
17 >> > USE="gnome ipv6 java
18 >>
19 >> yelp is pulling in firefox because you do not have xulrunner in USE.
20 >> firefox-bin is no use, the program needs the header files for either
21 >> firefox or xulrunner. The current recommendation is to use xulrunner
22 >> instead of firefox in this situation, and in your USE flags.
26 > This makes sense, but I thought I already had that covered. Here are the
27 > two USE lines in my
28 > /etc/make.conf -- note the last few entries in the main one.
29 >
30 > USE="Xaw3d aim apache2 apm bash-completion bcmath -bluetooth calendar caps
31 > cscope ctype dbm exif fastcgi foomaticdb gphoto2 guile icq imap imlib java
32 > joystick libwww mailwrapper mbox mcal mime mmap mmx motif mpi mysql nis
33 > nsplugin odbc offensive openal oscar pic posix postgres ppds ruby samba snmp
34 > sockets sse ssl svga symlink sysvipc tetex usb xpm xulrunner yahoo -firefox
35 > -seamonkey"
36 > USE="$USE tk" # Mostly so that python supports fetchmailconf
37 >
38 > I'll try explicitly tweaking the yelp USE flags, but it looks to me like
39 > some weirdness...
40 >
41 > ++ kevin
44 I tried that, and it may have gotten me closer to a solution, or closer to
45 the catch-22. I can't tell which yet.
46 package.use explicitly turns off xulrunner for yelp. I must have thought I
47 needed to do this at some point....
48 But I was probably just floundering around. I untweaked it and now the
49 emerge is going forward. I think this
50 will solve the problem.
53 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD