From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with hostname
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 19:36:58
1 I first noticed this problem when the tightvnc server refused to
2 start, giving some errors about unknown token "(" and ")". I then
3 noticed my prompt had changed from -- laeb mark# -- to -- (none) mark
4 # . A day or so prior I had moved the hostname and dnsdomainname from
5 their deprecated location to the new location, /etc/conf.d/. Prior to
6 that I believe it was working fine. I have since powered it down once
7 (moved it from one location to another). Any ideas? As for seeing
8 what the server prints out on screen before it gives a login prompt
9 (to see what FQDN it prints out), I'm unable to give that information
10 at the moment as I'm logged in at work via ssh.
11
12 - Mark Shields
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list