From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] yubikey
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:47:05
1 On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:02:03 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > > I got one a few days ago to check out. It's basically a USB
4 > > keyboard, so it works with Gentoo exactly the same way it works
5 > > with anything else. I've only tried the static password part so
6 > > far, but my hard drive is not encrypted with a ridiculously long
7 > > key that I would never use if I had to type it manually.
8 >
9 > cool ...
10 >
11 > I'd like to use it for
12 >
13 > * plain login
14 > * unlocking ssh-keys
15 > * maybe even unlocking my LUKS-partitions
16
17 It's the third I'm using it for at the moment.
18
19 > and the NFC-part for combining it with a password safe on my android
20 > phone
21
22 I've got the standard Yubikey, although the Neo does lok a good bet for
23 mobile usage too.
24
25 > > It's weird. They list prices in dollars, PayPal converts that to
26 > > Pounds Sterling, then the device is posted for a UK address. The
27 > > VAT thing is even weirder.
28 >
29 > I consider I won't get a correct invoice .. in terms of taxes ..
30
31 They don't appear to have a base in Austria, so it will probably be the
32 same as any other overseas purchase for you.
36 Neil Bothwick
37
38 CONGRSS.SYS corruptd... Re-boot Washington D.C? (Y/N)