From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] no trouble getting to sleep, but would rather die than wake up
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:37:35
1 I have finally got some acpi sleep states working on my desktop box (thanks
2 everyone!), but not all the way I would like.
3
4 The box has an asus p4p800-se motherboard and a hyperthreading p4 processor.
5 Hyperthreading is enabled in the kernel (which is why it was hard to find out
6 how to get sleep enabled in the kernel config).
7
8 'echo standby > /sys/power/state' works fine.
9
10 'echo disk > /sys/power/state' doesn't, but I'm not worried for now. swsusp2
11 conflicts (or used to) with reiser4 (which I use) and the original swsusp is
12 known to have problems.
13
14 'echo mem > /sys/power/state' is what is frustrating. It goes to sleep
15 alright, but I can't wake it up. The only thing that does anything is the
16 power button, and what that does is send the system into shutdown. If the
17 sleep state is initiated from a console, the screen remains black during the
18 brief reawakening. If the sleep state is initiated from the X server then I
19 get some kind of funny pattern on the screen of the kind that says that the
20 video card is confused.
21
22 This last one is the sleep state I most want to use, so any help getting it to
23 work properly would be much appreciated.
24
25 many thanks
26 Robert
27 --
28 Robert Persson
29
30 Conspiracy Bears:
31 Once upon a time there were lots of conspiracy bears...
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list