From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Partitions
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 18:14:46
1 On Saturday 21 March 2015 11:18:44 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
3 wrote:
4 > > Does it make sense to install a partition table on a RAID-1 device?
5 >
6 > When I was using mdadm I would do it all the time. It is the easiest
7 > way to do RAID with devices of different sizes. You just set up
8 > multiple arrays across partitions of the same sizes and then combine
9 > everything with LVM.
10
11 Thanks Rich.
12
13 I see I wasn't clear: I meant /dev/mdX resulting from combining /dev/sd[ab]X
14 - I assume you meant the same.
15
16 Interesting that the installation doc doesn't mention it though. Or it
17 didn't when I used it to build this box.
20 Rgds
21 Peter.