From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 bugs update
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 13:16:27
1 On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:27:47 +0900, daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Change it in Systemsettings. I use konsole-4.3.1 with kde-3.5.10 and
4 >> after the change it opens firefox for me.
7 > What all do you unmask for this? I'm still kicking around 3.5.10, but I
8 > wouldn't mind some updated apps, and some of the new Konsole features
9 sound
10 > useful (which is ironic, since they were laid out as to why there aren't
11 > differences from 3.5.10...)
12 >
13 > Of course I wouldn't mind Okular either, but I think this needs the full
14 > kde4 libraries.
15
16 I don't know if I understand you well, but either way you'll need kdelibs
17 for *any* kde package, konsole is no exception. It's perfectly possible to
18 have 3.x and 4.x installed alongside, but if you use both at the same time
19 it will of course cause an extra "waste" of ram. There's no work around for
20 that because you will have to load the run time stuff for both kde 3.x and
21 4.x, but nothing that a modern desktop machine should be worried about.
22
23 You can start by keywording kdelibs and konsole for your ~arch, then try
24 to emerge and go from there.
25 --
26 Jesús Guerrero