From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 21:11:31
1 On 2007-04-07, Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx> wrote:
2
3 >> Only on certain terminals. They're quite unreadable on a white
4 >> background (which has always been the default for xterm and
5 >> it's descendants, right?).
6 >
7 > Why this is the case, I don't think I'll ever understand.
8 > White terminal backgrounds, aside from the invisible color
9 > problem, also are hella ugly.
10
11 Many people disagree. I think black backgrounds are "hella
12 ugly" and hard to read for long periods of time.
15 Grant Edwards grante Yow! ... I want FORTY-TWO
16 at TRYNEL FLOATATION SYSTEMS
17 visi.com installed withinSIX AND A
18 HALF HOURS!!!
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list