From: Tom Smith <tom71713-gentoo52478932@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SOLVED [gentoo-user] Passing "./configure" options via emerge
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:06:12
1 Well, after some additional crappy support from Netraverse, I decided to
2 dig deeper into the whole mouse synchronization problem. At first, all
3 the information I found about it indicated the problem to be with the
4 emulated video driver (from what I understood, anyway) and that the
5 solution would be found there and required fixing the video driver. I
6 decided to email the folks at RealVNC to see if maybe there was just
7 something going on with the VNC server/client--since QEMU/Bochs work
8 fine from the console, it made sense that there may be something missing
9 or wrong with the VNC software (I happen to use the free RealVNC). They
10 responded...
11
12 They suggested that RealVNC Personal or Enterprise would correct the
13 problem, so I grabbed the free trials of Enterprise. It actually
14 resolved the issue--there's a feature called Relative Pointer Motion
15 that, when enabled, syncs the local cursor perfectly to the cursor in
16 QEMU and Bochs.
17
18 I thought this one might be useful to others having the same problem.
19
20 ~ Tom
21
22 Tom Smith wrote:
23
24 >Man, I tell you what...
25 >
26 >Bochs built correctly and the RFB stuff worked... Sort of. There seems
27 >to be an issue with both QEMU and Bochs when used via VNC. Both of them
28 >were fairly easy to setup and get running and they work fine when I'm
29 >sitting at the console. The problem is when I try to use them over a VNC
30 >session on a virtual console (using vncserver). From what I can find,
31 >there's an issue with mouse synchronization--an issue that pretty much
32 >excludes these great products from being used in a Terminal Server-like
33 >environment.
34 >