From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any fix yet for PTE Read access is not set error?
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 11:12:33
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I was looking through dmesg this morning and found 1231 instances (!) of
5 > this error:
6 >
7 > DMAR: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [01:00.0] fault addr f400156000 DMAR:
8 > [fault reason 06] PTE Read access is not set
9 >
10 > This is an Intel i7 box with an NVMe SSD and an AMD/ATI Amethyst XT Radeon
11 > R9 M295X display card. The kernel is gentoo-sources-4.4.39. I've tried
12 > setting intel_iommu=on or =pt as kernel parameter to no effect. I don't want
13 > to set it =off because I've read that it slows the machine dramatically.
14 >
15 > Googling has shown nothing, other than playing with that kernel parameter.
16 > Does anyone here know what the problem is?
20 I'm not sure if it applies but I found this:
21
22 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7904584.html#7904584
23
24 It should scroll down a bit to the post. The last comment seems to have
25 a solution.
26
27 Hope that helps. If not, maybe someone else has a better idea.
28
29 Dale
30