From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Feeding new versions of mdadm to genkernel?
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 01:24:41
1 On 05/02/13 06:54, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > It seems that the genkernel team did the switcheroo with genkernel.
5 >
6 > I used to build an initramfs with a newer mdadm by putting:
7 >
8 > MDADM_VER="3.2.6"
9 >
10 > in genkernel.conf and copying the related tarball to /var/cache/genkernel.
11 >
12 > I discovered a bit of a problem, all that's been removed in the latest
13 > genkernel, and I don't see any obvious notes or new config files. Anyone
14 > know how to do this?
15 >
16 > Dan
17 >
18 I got caught with the busybox versions ... it seems if you put the older
19 entries back it will work as it used to, at least it did for me.
20
21 BillK