From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Verify uefi installation
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 05:38:19
1 On 23 September 2019 07:33:44 CEST, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >Follow on question; what does efibootmgr actually modify? Is it writing
4 >motherboard EEPROM values similar what happens when you write changes
5 >in
6 >the BIOS setup pages?
7 >If you, does mean I may have been able to fix this issue in the BIOS?
8
9 It updates something in the CMOS, however, not all UEFI bioses support manually editing this.
10 I haven't found a decent option for this on any system I own yet, apart from efibootmgr.
13 Joost
14 --
15 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.