From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Guidance requested for setting up ndiswrapper wireless under Gentoo
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 01:09:17
1 Hi,
2 Help........I cannot seem to find any good instructions for setting
3 up a wireless NIC using ndiswrapper on Gentoo. Can someone point me in
4 the right direction?
5
6 The main Gentoo doc I found:
7
8 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=4
9
10 doesn't mention ndiswrapper. A wiki I found here:
11
12 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Wireless_Configuration_and_Startup#Configuration_using_iwconfig
13
14 barely mentions ndiswrapper. Certainly not enough to get anything
15 working. (I think...)
16
17 I cannot use WPA supplicant as my NIC is not supported. I did have
18 the NIC working under FC2 for a long time but am attempting to convert
19 the machine to Gentoo. (well, it's converted but wireless is the only
20 thing not working...)
21
22 I think I must be missing some good page on how to do this.
23
24 Thanks in advance,
25 Mark
26 --