From: Vikas Kumar <Vikas.Kumar@×××××××××.in>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to check package/installation integrity
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 02:47:40
1 On 03:51 Tue 15 May , Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi folks,
6 > I've seen my system misses some files from the readline package.
7 > /var/db/pkg/... contains an good-looking entry for it.
8 >
9 > How can I run an automatic check for such missing files ?
10 >
11 Have you tried,
12
13 # equery check <package_name>
14
15 'equery' comes with 'app-portage/gentoolkit'
18 "I don't know why, but first C programs tend to look a lot worse than
19 first programs in any other language (maybe except for fortran, but then
20 I suspect all fortran programs look like `firsts')"
21 (By Olaf Kirch)
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list