From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] switching production server from myswl to postgresql
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:12:26
1 Hi all,
2
3 Ok, this has been on my ToDo list for a while, and I'm thinking of
4 tacking this over the holidays, since the office will be much slower
5 than usual.
6
7 The only databases I have in use are for my mail server, which means
8 postfix, courier-imap (soon to be dovecot 2.1 once it is released) and
9 postfixadmin for maintaining the database.
10
11 First question - I can run both mysql and postgresql at the same time,
12 right? I haven't found anything saying I can't, and mysql doesn't seem
13 to 'block' installing postgresql, so I'm guessing I can.
14
15 Second question - has anyone ever converted an existing production mysql
16 database to postgresql? If you have ever done this specifically for
17 postfixadmin, I'd love to chat for a few minutes, but pointers to
18 recent, accurate docs - even generically (not specifically for
19 postfixadmin) for doing this would be appreciated.
20
21 Thanks,
22
23 Charles