From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>, gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fluxbox problem
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 19:01:40
1 Hello Philip,
2
3 On Sunday 07 Jun 2015 18:57:58 Philip Webb wrote:
4 > 150607 Philip Webb wrote:
5 > > Yesterday, I updated to the now stable Fluxbox 1.3.7-r1 ;
6 > > there have been no changes in my config files.
7
8 Same here.
11 > > Normally, I have the toolbar (the panel at the bottom of the screen)
12 > > hidden & make it visible by dropping the mouse down there ;
13 > > I also have Fbpager running to its left, similarly hidden & revealed.
14
15 My toolbar is set to be visible and I have no Fbpager.
18 > > Since the update, the pager & toolbar remain hidden,
19 > > even when I move the mouse down there, but when the mouse is over the
20 > > pager, the toolbar appears in a flickering form. It becomes a solid
21 > > image when I move the mouse to the right & remains till I move the mouse
22 > > away. However, if the pager is not running, the toolbar remains hidden
23 > > always.
24
25 I am guessing that the problem is with Fbpager. Do you still have the problem
26 if you remove Fbpager?
27
28 Something I noticed is that the toolbar will not show if hidden, until I move
29 the cursor 1-2 inches or more from the right edge of the toolbar. I have a
30 clock on the right hand side and I need to come left well beyond it and into
31 the application tabs area for the toolbar to show up. In any other position
32 the cursor brings the toolbar up as expected. Now, if your Fbpager is where
33 my clock happens to be (the right hand edge of the toolbar) then we have come
34 across the same bug. However, there is no flickering here. The toolbar
35 either shows up, or it does not. So the flickering could be related to the
36 canvas of the Fbpager being refreshed.
39 > I emerged 1.3.7 , which showed the same bug.
40 > However, having restored 1.3.6-r1 , which I used before yesterday,
41 > the bug has disappeared & the pager + the toolbar work as they should.
42 > The configuration has remained the same thro'out these tests.
43 >
44 > > Before I file a bug, has anyone else seen this ? Any advice ?
45 >
46 > So again, are there any other Fluxbox users on the list ?
47
48 PS. I only use Fluxbox as a fall back when Enlightenment does not work.
49 Perhaps you should give e19 a spin, now that it is in the main tree.
50 Configure your favourite apps to show up when you right click on the desktop
51 and you should be pretty much at home with it.
54 Regards,
55 Mick