From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SLES or gentoo ... ?
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:53:43
1 Am 27.08.2013 14:34, schrieb Tanstaafl:
2 > On 2013-08-26 11:51 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3 >> Then the 6 disks as JBOD and use it within a RAIDZ2 array.
4 >>
5 >> Or, 6 disks in JBOD, add them a 3 ZFS mirror vdev's.
6 >
7 > Where is the best docs for understanding and working with ZFS?
8 >
9 > RAID types, Best Practices (especially for disaster recovery),
10 > etc...
11 >
12 > Anything I can print out for offline reading/studying?
13
14 Phew, sorry, nothing specific in my mind. Back then I also did a lot of
15 googling, watching youtube-videos of ZFS-speeches, tutorials etc.
16
17 The Oracle Administration Guide might be a good reference, but dunno
18 about offline availability:
19
20 http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/index.html
21
22 For initial learning purposes you can also build a pool out of files
23 (instead of physical drives) ... just in case.
24
25 Stefan