From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] use flag nocd
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 15:27:11
1 Thanks, that would make sense and it is a scenario I had not encountered
2 before.
3
4 On Sat, 7 Nov 2020, phredus wrote:
5
6 > Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 08:36:10
7 > From: phredus <phredus@×××××.com>
8 > Reply-To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
9 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
10 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] use flag nocd
11 >
12 > I remember in the olden days when we worked with smaller hard drives, during installation you would be given the choice to install all the files on the CD (meaning the program and the data) or just the files needed to run the program. Later have to insert the CD to access the rest of the data. MS Flight Sim did that with its multiple (7 CDs I believe) data worth of world scenery. Maybe that is what it is referring to.