From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching to unstable
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:18:44
1 On 2010-04-12 11:05 AM, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > I use the --keep-going always, it was a great addition and especially
3 > helpful when there is a bad package that won't compile for a week or
4 > two, it makes it easier to just ignore it.
5
6 Hopefully no one will mind a slight OT question, but still related...
7
8 Is the testing version of portage 2.2 stable enough for production
9 machines? There are a number of new features I'd like to take advantage
10 of, but have always hesitated to and any non-stable system packages.
11
12 Portage 2.2 is just taking forever to go stable... currently its on the
13 67th release candidate? That must be some kind of record (although
14 earlier versions of dovecot came close)... :P
18 Charles