From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] starting wlan0 only when wireless is turned on
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 20:56:23
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 18:51 on Sunday 12 December 2010, Valmor de
2 Almeida did opine thusly:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I would like to have net.wlan0 started only when the wireless card is
7 > switched on. I am using ifplugd for starting net.eth0 when an ethernet
8 > cable is plugged in. Is there a similar utility for net.wlan0? Ideally
9 > so that it is configurable in conjunction with ifplugd.
12 Chuck all that net.* bullshit out the window and use wicd instead.
16 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com