From: "Jan Hönig" <hrominium@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swap partition on Raspberry
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:46:48
1 Hello,
2 well i have set my Raspberry (B) with ArchLinuxArm. I decided againts
3 gentoo, because of the long compilling time (for example git takes a long
4 time). Maybe i try gentoo on my second sd card...
5
6 A1: I have set an extra swap partition. I followed this guide for resizing
7 my main partition (i have a 16 GB sd card class 10) and setting the wap
8 partition (or rather swap file?): Raspberry Pi – Partition an größere
9 Sd-Karte anpassen [1]
10 It is in german, but i think that if you are using gentoo, you should be
11 able to follow just the commands, knowing what they do.
12 I am not sure, how much swap you need, because you maybe need space for
13 compilation of programs. Because of this fact i would encourage you to set
14 a swap. How much swap you need/can give depends on the sd card. (I
15 wouldnt't make 1GB swap on a 4GB card).
16 I look forward to hearing more of you, because there are not that many
17 people, talking about gentoo on raspberry (or rather i didn't found many).
18
19 Can't answer A2, and A3, not enough knowledge.
20
21 hrom
22
23 [1] Setup Partitions on Raspberry