From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: chromium-65.0.3325.146 compilation warnings
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:10:12
On 12/03/18 10:17, Mick wrote:
> I can see a few warnings pilling up on different systems when trying to emerge > chromium-65.0.3325.146: > > warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-enum-compare-switch'; did you mean '- > Wno-enum-compare'? [-Wunknown-warning-option] > warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-tautological-unsigned-zero-compare' [- > Wunknown-warning-option] > warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic'; did you mean > '-Wno-null-arithmetic'? [-Wunknown-warning-option] > warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-tautological-constant-compare'; did you > mean '-Wno-tautological-pointer-compare'? [-Wunknown-warning-option] > 4 warnings generated. > > Does this mean I should be using a different gcc or CFLAGS?
No. What these warnings mean is that the chromium build system is passing these options to the compiler: -Wno-enum-compare-switch -Wno-tautological-unsigned-zero-compare -Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic -Wno-tautological-constant-compare but the compiler version installed on your system doesn't support them. Your own CFLAGS got nothing to do with this. Furthermore, these warnings are of no interest to you whatsoever, unless you're a chromium developer. GCC 7.3 and Clang 6.0 do support these options, but if you're using a version that doesn't, it's of no consequence. Warning options do not affect code generation.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-user] Re: chromium-65.0.3325.146 compilation warnings Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>