From: Elmar Hinz <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Still Struggling With Wireless
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:12:01
1 @ CJoeB
2
3 It can be really hard. I needed days. There is more than one difficulty.
4
5 For example I needed to set my laptop type in the kernel (asus_laptop).
6 Without that, the card is not turned on at all, even if the card driver itself
7 is loaded.
8
9 Then you need to compile the password for wpa_supplicant with wpa_password.
10 It doesn´t take the plain passphrase.
11
12 So don´t be afraid to ask. wlan still is really hard stuff.
13
14 Regards
15
16 Al