From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't get help in Gnome - Silly error message
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 17:09:45
1 On 05/16/2011 02:54 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hi, Gentoo.
3 >
4 > Would somebody please help me.
5 >
6 > In every program in Gnome, there is a help menu. When I click on any of
7 > them, I get the wierd error message:
8 >
9 > Couldn't display help
10 > The specified location is not supported
11 >
12 > Does this just mean "couldn't find file" or does it have some deeper
13 > meaning? More to the point, what do I have to do to fix this problem?
14
15 What happens when you run yelp from a command prompt? I'm having gnome
16 help problems too, but a different problem. Yelp just prints "can't
17 initialize gecko" and quits. Seems to be a problem with xulrunner and
18 I'm trying to track it down now.