From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fd symlinks to pts?
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 08:34:00
1 On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > > What do I need to do to get usable block access to my floppy from
3 > > something in /dev/fd?
4 >
5 > Nothing. It's IDE Floppy, not Floppy. You should have new hd* entries
6 > in /dev for your IDE Floppy device. Read some more lines in your
7 > dmesg output.
8
9 Is this another change introduced by libata? I can't remember the last
10 time I actually used a floppy on Gentoo...
11
12 RHEL still uses /dev/fd{0,1} so I imagine this is a back-port they have
13 done?
16 Alan McKinnon
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list