From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd - are we forced to switch?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:18:03
1 On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 09:35:22AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 130722 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3 > > gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.8.4 requires systemd
4 > > sys-auth/consolekit-0.4.6 cannot coexist with systemd
5 > > but many packages depend on sys-auth/consolekit :
6 > > How did you resolve this conflict?
7 >
8 > Don't use Gnome. I've been using Fluxbox for years :
9 > it's simple, highly configurable & quite adequate for everyday work ;
10 > you can use apps from KDE or Xfce, as you please.
11
12 Sadly the GNU/Linux DEs are _way_ behind the rest of the software.
13
14 Been using Fluxbox since 2003, and very happy. I am presently trying Xfce
15 again for the upteenth time. ;) Especially for computers to sell people who
16 need to be _free_ from proprietary OSes.
17
18 Thanks Samuli Suominen for your work!
19
20 Cheers,
21 Bruce
22 --
23 Happy Penguin Computers >')
24 126 Fenco Drive ( \
25 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
27 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
28 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
29
30 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
31 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
32 A: Top-posting.
33 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
34
35 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting