From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 3.1.6 and loss of sound
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:02:10
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday 30 December 2011 14:34:16 Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 > > I guess you're going to need to provide some debug info. Maybe try a
5 >
6 > > complete power down and not just a warm boot. Not finding the device
7 >
8 > > at all is problematic. What's in lspci, etc.?
9 >
10 > Power cycle complete - no difference. Switching back to kernel 3.0.6 I
11 > now have no sound there either!
12 >
13 > Lspci shows the device ok. Output of alsa-info attached.
14
15 Your ALSA stuff looks fine, by my eye. What happens when you run
16 "alsamixer"? "alsamixer -c0"?