From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] initial compile time
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:45:37
1 On 28 August 2017 20:37:30 GMT+02:00, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 >On Mon, Aug 28 2017, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> I forgot to mention there are things that /significantly/ improve
5 >> compile times. Top of the list is /var/tmp/portage on tmpfs.
6 >
7 >Does this mean that, if the build fails, you build again not on tmpfs
8 >so
9 >as to capture build.log?
10 >
11 >thanks,
12 >allan
13
14 As long as you don't reboot, the entire contents will remain.
15
16 If you set PORT_LOGDIR, the build.log will be copied to the specified location even if the build fails.
19 Joost
20 --
21 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.