From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean wants to remove required packages
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:50:42
1 On Sunday 25 February 2007, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >    I've been cleaning up a machine trying to fix a problem with
4 > Evolution crashing. I'm down to the point where all the dependencies
5 > (emerge -DuN and revdep-rebuild) are clean but when I run emerge
6 > --depclean wants remove packages that would break dependencies.
7
8 Hi Mark,
9
10 OK, so I read this thread and you and Bo both seem to have gotten way
11 off track...
12
13 You have a bunch of packages that --depclean wants to remove. It looks
14 like they should not be removed. This screams two questions at me:
15
16 1. Did you emerge -avC gnome?
17 2. If you never had gnome installed but did have evo installed, then
18 removed evo, everything looks proper.
19
20 So, let --depclean do it's thing. Then emerge -uND world and run
21 revder-rebuild to fix anything that remains
22
23 alan
27 Optimists say the glass is half full,
28 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
29 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
30
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
33 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list