From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xine - No sound after updates
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 03:45:20
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Yes, I think I've done all the stuff one would typically try before
3 > writing to the list. Doesn't mean I didn't make a mistake though.
4 > Shown below is the terminal info as well as emerge -DuN with and
5 > without --with-bdeps, and revdep-rebuild results. I have multiple
6 > times tried erasing the .xine directory and coming at it like a new
7 > user, trying different options inside of xine but so far no luck.
8 >
9 > Googling around a bit I found a few threads talking about no sound
10 > when they have the "No accelerated IMDCT transform found" message at
11 > the end of the terminal. For instance this one which hasn't led
12 > anywhere yet:
13
14 Hmm, Does it show any error messages when you try to play a media file?
15 Does it happen with all kinds of media (mp3's, DVD's, flash) or just
16 with certain types?
19 Randy Barlow
20 http://electronsweatshop.com
21 --