From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: webcam software
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 00:03:38
1 On 01/18/2014 02:02 PM, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 > My main system is a dell latitude E6430s. I am embarrassed to say
3 > that, although I have had this system for a while, I just now realized
4 > that it has a build in webcam. What software do you recommend and what
5 > should I start reading to learn how to use it.
6
7 <cheap_shot> Ask the NSA. They're already using your webcam. </cheap_shot>
8
9 I suppose the best-know software is Skype, which now belongs to M$ and is
10 therefore only one small step away from the NSA, but it does the job and
11 is free (as in beer, not as in freedom).
12
13 Do I sound grumpy? Sorry, my grump is not directed at you, Allan. I'm
14 interested in replies from other gentooers who know more than I do.