From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --newuse misses package that new USE affects
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:14:44
1 glen martin schreef:
2 <snip>
3 >
4 > I've changed some USE flags deliberately to add features to a package
5 >
6 <snip>
7 >
8 > Despite the USE change, I find that that apache is not being caught
9 > by "emerge --newuse world".
10 >
11 <snip>
12 > I added "threads nptlonly mpm-worker" to USE in make.conf. I've
13 > probably made some other changes to USE since my last world rebuild.
14 > I've also done an emerge --sync. Then:
15 >
16 <snip of all the proof that the assessment is correct>
17 >
18 > So, any thoughts on why "emerge --newuse" doesn't want to rebuild
19 > apache?
20
21 Well, assuming it's not a bug (what version of Portage are you using?)
22 then is it possible that apache is neither in your world file, nor a
23 dependency of something that is (does it show up in the list of a
24 depclean -p)? That's the only reason I can think of that the combination
25 of --update and --deep wouldn't recognize that apache is one of the
26 packages that should be considered for --newuse.
27
28 HTH,
29 Holly
30 --