From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb key question
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:25:32
1 insert the device by doing a "tail -f /var/log/messages" and see which it gets
2 assigned.
3 On Tuesday 29 November 2005 15:28, Antoine wrote:
4 > > You might need to run fdisk /dev/sd? then mkfs.* /dev/sd?? . If you
5 > > don't have a /dev/sd? , check your kernel for SCSI block device support.
6 >
7 > I have "generic scsi" support and there doesn't seem to be anything to
8 > do with scsi in block devices... the usb key works fine under windows,
9 > is formatted in vfat and has data on it.
10 > There are a whole bunch of /dev/sd?s but trying to mount to any of them
11 > gives me "not a valid block devices".
12 > Cheers
13 > Antoine
16 John Jolet
17 Your On-Demand IT Department