From: Flophouse Joe <flophousejoe-gentoo-user-xdzvne@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel woes..
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:06:37
1 On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > It seems you recently updated your kernel. After every kernel upgrade,
4 > you must re-merge nvidia-drivers to rebuild them against the current
5 > kernel. Note that /usr/src/linux must point to the configured kernel
6 > sources for your running kernel (or the one you are about to reboot
7 > into) for this to work.
8
9 I used to get burned by this all the time. Every time I rebuilt a kernel,
10 I'd forget to also rebuild packages for kernel modules that weren't
11 included in the kernel source tree.
12
13 I recommend the utilitity sys-kernel/module-rebuild . It manages a list
14 of packages that provide kernel modules and lets you re-emerge all of them
15 at once.
16
17 It comes in handy if you don't want to bother remembering which systems
18 need which kernel module packages after every kernel change.
19
20 Joe
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list