From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Konqueror-OOo odd behaviour when loading docs from USB stick
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:01:03
1 On Monday 25 September 2006 22:41, Mick wrote:
2 > I am trying to open some documents on a USB CF. When I click on the
3 > document name in Konqueror OOo launches with its splash screen and progress
4 > bar, and then nothing else happens. Once the progress bar completes,
5 > there's nothing more happening.
6 >
7 > To troubleshoot this problem I started the application from a terminal.
8 > Then I noticed that the document name had spaces in it, which I enclosed in
9 > single quotes. OOo writer launched without any problem and loaded the
10 > document.
11 >
12 > Why is it that through Konqueror OOo trips over itself, but loading it
13 > through the CLI works fine? How does Konqueror call OOo and how does it
14 > treat file names with spaces in them?
15
16 OK I looked a bit more into it. It's something to do with Konqueror, or the
17 way my USB stick is being mounted. Documents on the USB stick will not open
18 when I click on them in Konqueror. Documents on the hard drive open
19 happily. Why is that?
20
21 I have no problem opening the docs on the USB stick, via the Open popup from
22 the oowriter menu.
23
24 This is the case irrespective of running hald and dbus.
25
26 The entry in my fstab is:
28 /dev/sda /mnt/sda auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime 0 0
29 /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime 0 0
31
32 to cater for my different usb sticks and the way they are recognised by the
33 system.
34 --
35 Regards,
36 Mick