From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [SOLVED]Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth speakers
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 08:52:07
1 On Saturday, 14 May 2022 17:34:58 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 5 May 2022 16:22:56 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Is there a knack to getting my plasma desktop to operate happily with my
4 > > new Bluetooth speakers? I can get a connection using the Bluetooth
5 > > control panel, and the sound device appears in the Audio control panel,
6 > > but testing either speaker produces no sound.
7 >
8 > I think I've solved the problem. No, not BT but with a wired connection I do
9 > now have sound. BT can wait until I need it.
10
11 Wrong again. In fact, the problem was that pulseaudio was not running. A
12 simple 'pulseaudio start' - et voila! Sound.
13
14 I found this along the way:
15
16 # pulseaudio --dump-conf
17 ### Read from configuration file: /etc/pulse/daemon.conf ###
18 daemonize = no
19 [...]
20
21 Why is it set to No by default? Isn't PA deaf without the daemon running?
24 Regards,
25 Peter.