From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: simple image annotation software
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 13:57:41
1 On 2020-04-02, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2020-04-02, Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >
4 >> If your original images are screenshots, I'd recommend 'flameshot'.
5 >
6 > They're not. They're jpeg files produced by running photos though
7 > some Imagemagick 'convert' operations. Does that mean flameshot can't
8 > be used to annotate them?
9
10 I installed flameshot (required no additional packages be installed).
11
12 It can not be used to annotate existing image files. There's a long
13 list of requests for that feature on the GitHub site, but apparently
14 no progress on that front. According to some of those comments,
15 shutter can do it.
16
17 Personally, I don't really "get" the need for the capture
18 functionality. ImageMagick's 'import' command works for me...
21 Grant