From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Copying USB->USB: sync after every file
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 09:27:26
1 On 01/25/2017 01:14 AM, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > I tried to reproduce the problem with those two devices, but this time I had
3 > no issue. There are several possible reasons I can think of:
4 > - Different file system. I think the affected HDD runs on FAT.
5 > - Simply a different device with different characteristics. :?
6 > - I finally bit the bullet and upgraded KDE 4→5 yesterday. Perhaps it uses
7 > different mount options.
8 > We will have to wait till Thursday night, b/c that's when I will have access
9 > to the devices in question again (they're not my own).
10
11 KDE 5 also uses "flush" when mounting USB sticks.
12
13 From what I can tell, it's udisks2 that does that, and there does not
14 appear to be an option to configure the mount options without adding an
15 entry in fstab.