From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] coexisting GCC versions
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 04:15:50
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Sonntag 28 Juni 2009, Dale wrote:
5 >> Except for me and a couple others. I had programs that crashed,
6 >> couldn't get a kernel to work and other issues. I had to go back to
7 >> 4.1on this rig. After going back, everything works fine.
8 >>
9 >> Dale
10 >>
11 >> :-) :-)
14 > *shrug* especially the kernel should never have had problems with 4.3 - except
15 > you were using strange patches... or very old kernels...
16 >
17 > I am at gcc 4.4 right now. Good choice actually...
22 I was using the latest gentoo-sources and it either would fail to
23 compile or the kernel it compiled would not boot. I also had problems
24 with programs crashing and other odd things. After switching back to
25 4.1 and doing a emerge -e world, everything was fine.
26
27 I plan to skip that gcc.
28
29 Dale